National Accreditation Standards
National Accreditation Standards for TVET Programs (Institutes) have been worked out in consultation with all stakeholders including provincial TEVTAs,
Senior Faculty of TVET Institutes, Federation of Chamber of Commerce & Industries, Employers Federation of Pakistan. These standards have
been made a part of Accreditation Manual (See Chapter 5(A) for DAE Technologies and 5(B) for Vocational Trades).
These standards have been categorized in:
Mission of an Institute defines its training objectives, its place in Industry and Community.
Its approach to policy making through proper planning and transparent management
Effective Leadership, governance and administration are required to fulfill its vision
Coordination faculty, students and other staff in all planning & monitoring activities.
2. Financial Resources
- TEVT Institutes must have adequate funds to conduct quality training courses.
- Budgets allocations Operational, Developmental & Non-Developmental & utilization.
- Self Resource generation
3. Physical Resources
- Mission of an Institute defines its training objectives, its place in Industry and Community.
- Adequate Space, Building & Infra Structure, Sports.
- Proper and Relevant Lab Equipment, Tools, Laboratory Facilities
- Health Safety mechanisms( Dispensaries/First Aid)
- Transport, Internet & library etc.
4. Human Resource
- FACULTY: numbers, status, qualifications & experiences, workload, lesson plans, recruitment rules,promotion,participation in evaluation activities, performance appraisal, teachers/students ratio.
- STUDENTS: Admission, Enrollment, Apprenticeship, scholarships, concessions, opportunities, career guidance
- Other support Staff
5. Teaching Learning Process
- Competency Based, Demand Driven up to Acceptable Standards
- Informational Materials to update knowledge-base e.g Internet Access & Journals
- Instructional Design, Theory/Practical ratio, Course Content & Duration (Curricula)
- National Vocational Qualification Framework.
- Skills Standards, Teachers Learners Manuals (TLMs).
- Internal/External Evaluation procedures (Students Feedback).
- E-Learning, Recognition of Prior Learning, Recognition of Informal Learning
6. Supplementary Process
- Development of Knowledge, Skills, hands-on-practice expertise to develop skilled workforce
- Tackles Health Hazards and provide Safety Measures.
- Extra Curricular.
7. Institute-Industry Linkages
- Industrial Linkages, Apprenticeship, Internship, Institute Management Committee.
- Linkages between TEVT Institutes, Employers, Business and Industry for mutual benefit